Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Haiku

Purr purr I love you
I sleep next to you
And snore in you ear

Please feed me some food
Shrimp, tuna, chicken, steak, and beef
Yum yum this is good

A Haiku's application to this class is to have students learn new things. Some students may have never heard of Haiku. Having students write a Haiku is a great experience because they learn something new and get to have fun writing their own poem. Also when students read Haiku's that were written years ago, they can find different ways of interpreting it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find that to be so true with all poetry...its up to everyone's interpretation. That's why I love about it. Even literature is like that. I find that poetry/novels/short stories, what have you, is different to everyone, but also every time you read it, its different. You're coming at the work with a new perspective.

shawn said...

I liked the poem, but I'm not sure if that a Haiku (5,7,5). Correct me if I'm wrong. Also can you explain to me what your poem is about, I would love to know. Just think about a few things when writing another one, for example what message are you trying to give to the audience, and what are you trying to convey to them. Good luck