Wednesday, October 24, 2007

When we were observing the main quad for class, there were a lot of observations that I made. Some of the observations were assumptions based on what I saw. For example, there was someone that looked like they were doing homework, which was an assumption. That someone could have been doing something else. This will help me out in answering my iquiry project because when I observe I learn more about my surroundings and what is going on. Even though I make assumptions, the assumptions help me know what students and teachers might be thinking. You should collect as much information as you can. Getting a lot of information helps you describe the surrounding of a classroom. For example, you want to write down how the students face the teacher, how the desks are set up in the classroom, are there any posters hanging up on the walls of the classroom, and so on. You also want to write down conversations among students and students with their teachers. Writing down information of how the students dress is also good because you see the difference between students who dress differently.

1 comment:

Future Spanish Teacher said...

That is true, we have to be very careful to not make assumptions because some things seem so obvious. For example, when I did my observation at the library, I assumed that young people with backpacks were students, but it could have been young professors. Good luck on your observation!