Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Community Service in Newark

I wrote tests for my teacher that I spent the day with at Arts High School. I was writing tests for her because she needs to hand them in by December 12. The tests needed to look like the standardized tests that students take. It was fun to do because I got see what it was liking being a teacher or someone who writes tests. All the questions were taken from worksheets that students had already done, but I had to change the numbers and changed the problem a little bit. I did not want the students to know that the question came off the worksheets they did. The reason why I wrote problems similar to the one's on the worksheets they did, was because they knew the concepts and applications. Also, they can study for the worksheets and when they do the test they will not feel like they do not know the material. I wrote two tests, one for her SAT class and the other for her math applications class.

No comments: